A new iMovie means a new blog! Come visit:
Unlocking iMovie '09 & '11


That's right, it's version 7.1.4. Don't ask me what happened to 7.1.3. I guess it never reported for duty.

According to Apple, "This update addresses general compatibility issues, improves overall stability, and addresses a number of other minor issues."

It looks like this update at least changes all the references for ".Mac" to "MobileMe," logos and all. 

Anyway, you can get yourself this new update via your Software Update, or use the following link:

iMovie 7.1.4 Standalone Updater

4 comments: to “ iMovie Software Update Out: Version 7.1.4

  • Anonymous
    July 23, 2008 at 5:23 AM  

    HI, since the last update imovie had problems importing from my sony hdr sr7 (specifically it would freeze when importing multiple clips but single clip imports worked OK - before the last update it was just fine) - anyone see any improvement (or otherwise) in this update? Not sure I want to be the guinea pig this time!

  • Unknown
    July 25, 2008 at 2:20 AM  

    Ive been using my iMovie for about a month and one day it just stopped. I have tried everything I know to try and fix it, but it just will not open? Apple wont help me unless I live in Sydney, I dont know what im supposed to do? Is there anyone that can help me?

  • Nicole.
    September 16, 2008 at 5:36 PM  

    I have a question...how can I speed up and slow down clips in iMovie 08? I could do it on my older version, but I have no idea how to do it on this one.


    If you could please email me at nikiki.band.geek@gmail.com

    i would really appreciate it

  • Anonymous
    December 20, 2008 at 7:13 PM  

    According to the Lynda.com tutorial, iMovie 08 doesn't edit speed of clips and it has to be imported back into iMovie HD. (I hate this, as I do slow motion stuff or sped up stuff with my kids acting out Star Wars movies etc).

    Also missing: Chapter markers for easy import into iDVD, Video affects, and of course doesn't import transitions and stuff from iMovie HD.

    iMovie08 has: wider camera acceptance, especially the modern no-tape variety cameras, single video library for ALL old movies (events... even though I can't reformat dates, even after the article on this blog on doing so), has real time transitions and heading additions and a variety of Sharing options previous versions didn't have. (Straight to iTunes, youtube, etc).

    I think I'm just plain OVER iMovie 08 until they add the missing features.