A new iMovie means a new blog! Come visit:
Unlocking iMovie '09 & '11


Apple released a maintenance update to iMovie 08 today. Check your software update or download the standalone updater here:

iMovie 7.1.1 Update

According to Apple:

This update addresses issues when publishing movies to a .Mac Web Gallery, improves overall stability, and addresses a number of other minor issues.

If this fixes or breaks anything for you, please take a moment to share your experience in the comments.

10 comments: to “ iMovie Software Update Out: Version 7.1.1

  • Anonymous
    February 3, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

    I was hoping that the update would allow me to publish to my .Mac Web Gallery from my G4, but unfortunately iMovie still thinks I'm not signed in, and I've tried everything to get it to think I'm signed into .Mac. I guess that's the drawback with using a modified iMovie :)

  • Anonymous
    February 16, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

    the update isn't properly loading video clips AND i can't hear a lick of audio at all. This sucks.

  • Alexander Atallah
    February 17, 2008 at 12:38 PM  

    I had that same audio problem, and the way to fix it is by changing your computer's volume. I've found loads of bugs with audio; for some reason I can't duck audio to anything above 14% on some of my voiceovers for my History Day documentary, and I randomly lose new voiceovers when I redo them sometimes. In addition, transitions often make the following clip black.

  • Anonymous
    February 17, 2008 at 11:34 PM  

    my audio skimming stopped working no matter if it is off/on I can't skim audio in the viewer. please help.

  • Anonymous
    March 20, 2008 at 1:39 PM  

    The audio problem is major. Scrubbing across any clip will play the audio in bits, but any form of preview omits it entirely no matter what my volume settings are. Perplexing and frustrating.

  • Anonymous
    March 20, 2008 at 2:19 PM  

    Open up Quicktime folder in Library, delete 3rd party plugins. Trashing 3 Flip4Mac files & restarting iMovie 7.1.1 did the trick for me.

  • Anonymous
    March 24, 2008 at 8:16 AM  

    hiya, although impressed with the set up of the iMovie application, you seem to be missing two very important basic controls, i.e the speeding up, the slowing and reverse clip direction. if i have been mistaken then please let me know, how and where to find these techniques.

  • Anonymous
    April 11, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

    big problem!
    imovie doesn't open anymore! what is happening??? it worked fine for a while and now...!?
    what can be done?

  • Aaron
    May 28, 2008 at 10:30 PM  

    @ Paul. You currently cannot change the speed or direction of clips within iMovie 08. Big bummer, but hopefully they will add that functionality soon.

  • Unknown
    June 3, 2008 at 6:31 AM  

    well iMovie 7.1.1 is great I run FCP Studio and had capture some footage for a friend from my camera so they can edit on their version off iMovie on their laptop. Only thing I find strange is that it has no setup for exporting back to camera as edit to tape etc
    Other than that found it a great tool and I was capturing material via iMovie and I was editing another project at the same time in FCP Studio and no crashing. So it seems pretty stable and nice to have it log the clips automatically whilst I was finishing up a paying project. Nice to see the effects were running realtime and some nice export functions. One comment to the person re: No Audio on capturing just hook your audio out of your camera to a amp and you will get a output if you wanted to listen but you will probably have the firewire lag from what is actually in the capture monitor. I have not tried this version on my old G5 Dual 2.3gig or an older laptop of ours and perhaps a few issues that people are having are intel verses G5 / G4 - any other comments ?
    Apart from that I think I will use iMovie for some projects in the future - kiss principal "keep it simple stupid"